Sundays sermon in short…
Why does our faith waver? Here’s a look at some sources, symptoms and a solution taken from John 11
SOURCE : Facing the Challenge
Sometimes our faith wavers when problems are TOO BIG
- John 11:14 Then Jesus said to them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
Sometimes our faith wavers when it feels like it’s TOO LATE
- John 11:5 -6 And Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. Therefore, when He had heard that he was sick, then indeed He remained two days in the place where He was.
SYMPTOMS : Finding the Culprit
- John 11:32 Then when Mary had come where Jesus was, seeing Him, Mary fell down at His feet, saying to Him, Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. John 11:33 Then when He saw her weeping, and also the Jews who came with her weeping, Jesus groaned in the spirit and troubled Himself.
SOLUTION : Focusing on Christ
- John 11:22 But I know that even now, whatever You will ask of God, God will give You.
- John 11:25 Jesus said to her, I am the Resurrection and the Life! He who believes in Me, though he die, yet he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this? She said to Him, Yes, Lord, I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who has come into the world.
John 11: 1-34, Joel 2:25, Colossians 2:13, Hebrews 11:3,6, Luke 10:40, Ephesians 2:4, 2 Corinthians 3:2, Luke 8:51, Acts 9:39, Romans 10:17