“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord , whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
Jeremiah 17:7-8 NIV
Trust : to believe that someone or something is reliable, good, honest, effective, etc. : to have confidence in (someone or something)
: to believe that something is true or correct
: to hope or expect that something is true or will happen
Jeremiah 17:7-8 tells us to put our trust in the Lord if we want to be blessed.
We cannot put our trust in ourselves or any other person as Jeremiah 17:9 tells us that…The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure.
The tree planted by the water is dependant on it, takes nourishment from it and grows closer to it. Putting our trust in God and in his word will always yield positive results.
We need to eat to be physically healthy.
Do you get excited before every meal you have? Whether you do or not you still need to eat.
- Eating helps us grow.
- Reading Gods word will help us grow.
- Our food gives us energy to keep going through the day.
- Gods word will sustain us throughout the day.
- Without eating we will get sick and could eventually die.
- We will become spiritually unwell if we don’t continue to read Gods word.
- When you are looking healthy other people will notice.
- People need to see Christ in us making a difference in our lives.
We need to trust in God to be spiritually healthy.
When we put our trust in God like the tree planted by water, the Bible tells us that
- We will no longer have any fear when troubles come – It does not fear when heat comes;
- We will be prosperous – its leaves are always green
- We will not need to struggle and still produce fruit – It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
Have you ever seen a tree struggle and strain to produce fruit? Neither have I.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.
Psalm 1:3 NIV